Info for Parents & Guardians
Parents and guardians can play a pivotal role in a child’s journey towards learning a new skill. With your help, we can encourage more students to create their own apps, and connect them and their efforts to their Member of Congress.
The best way parents can support the Congressional App Challenge is to get their children involved, and to let your Member of Congress know you care about STEM and coding education.
Below, you’ll find advice as well as promotional material that you can use to share information about the 2017 Congressional App Challenge. Please feel free to edit the material as you see fit. Thank you so much for your support for the Congressional App Challenge, and for whatever assistance with outreach you can provide.
The following resources are available to help you teach computer science:
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – App Development Courses
- Microsoft Touch Develop Tutorials
- Samsung Mobile App Academy Resources
- CodeAcademy.com – self-taught courses in HTML/CSS, Python, Ruby, and PHP
Other ways you can get involved:
- Follow us on Twitter and help share our tweets: @CongressionalAC
- Share and “Like” our Facebook page: The Congressional App Challenge
- Follow us on Instagram and like our posts: @congressionalappchallenge
- Visit our website and share the link: http://www.CongressionalAppChallenge.us/
- Share information about the Challenge with your constituents and those you know who would be interested in participating (You can use the sample materials below).
- Tag relevant social media posts with our hashtag #HouseOfCode #CAC17
- Announce the Challenge opportunity using the social media samples on our Promotional Materials page.