Info for Educators, Schools and Libraries
Schools, educators and libraries are the most valuable supporters of the Congressional App Challenge. In 2016, over 90% of the student participants reported that they had first heard about the Congressional App Challenge through a teacher or administrator at their schools. With your help, we can encourage more students to create their own apps, and connect them and their efforts to their Member of Congress.
The best way teachers and schools can support the Congressional App Challenge is to get students involved, and to let your Member of Congress know you care about Computer Science and coding education.
Below, you’ll find advice as well as promotional material that you can use to share information about the 2017 Congressional App Challenge. Please feel free to edit the material as you see fit. Thank you so much for your support for the Congressional App Challenge, and for whatever assistance with outreach you can provide.
Other ways you can get involved:
- Follow us on Twitter and help share our tweets: @CongressionalAC
- Share and “Like” our Facebook page: The Congressional App Challenge
- Follow us on Instagram and like our posts: @congressionalappchallenge
- Visit our website and share the link: http://www.CongressionalAppChallenge.us/
- Share information about the Challenge with your constituents and those you know who would be interested in participating (You can use the sample materials below).
- Tag relevant social media posts with our hashtag #HouseOfCode #CAC17
- Announce the Challenge opportunity using the social media samples on our Promotional Materials page.