CONGRESSIONAL AFFAIRS INTERN
Location: Washington, DC
Commitment: 15-40 hours a week
The Congressional Affairs Intern will assist with relations between Members of Congress, district offices, and various other Congressional App Challenge stakeholders. This internship position reports to the Congressional Operations Coordinator.
Through this internship, you will learn about the Congressional strategy focused on STEM and Computer Science education. From district-specific research to building coalitions and preparing for Capitol Hill briefings, your responsibilities will vary.
- A passion for expanding STEM and Computer Science education
- Basic project management and task-tracking experience
- Understanding of protocol and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- General understanding of the U.S. Congress
- Familiarity with graphic design or social media a plus
All Congressional App Challenge interns receive a weekly stipend. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. In-person and remote candidates will be considered.
Email resumes and cover letters to [email protected]