Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Outreach Intern
Location: Washington DC / Remote workers accepted
Commitment: 25-40 hours a week
We’re seeking someone with initiative and vision to help grow a Congressional Tech Project focused on STEM education. Must have an interest in working with Congress, technology, and start-ups with a demonstrated passion for diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
Interns will have immediate responsibilities including forging community partnerships, website and database management, email marketing, content creation, and data research.
You will be working two blocks from the White House, at the center of the nation’s capital. You will also have exposure to other events through programs supported by the Internet Education Foundation (IEF).
- Identify key communities and regions for student engagement
- Conduct research and brief Director on current tech diversity and inclusion issues and trends
- Determine barriers to entry for priority communities
- Forge community partnerships working with underserved communities in priority regions
- Create marketing and training materials to be distributed to thought leaders and educators
- Contribute to social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Contribute to communications strategy and media outreach/relations, monitoring press coverage
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusions efforts in Tech
- Quick learning and a sense of humor
- Detail oriented: must be able to do tedious tasks without introducing errors
- Prior experience with WordPress, email marketing, and social media marketing
- Ability to use advanced features in MS Excel, Google Sheets, Google Forms
- Experience with Salesforce or other CMS
- Published op-eds or other writing for public audiences
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editors
- GIS mapping
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]