Location: Washington DC / Remote workers accepted
Commitment: 20-35 hours a week
We’re seeking someone with initiative and vision to help grow a Congressional Tech Project focused on STEM education. Must have an interest in working with Congress, technology, and start-ups. STEM or Computer Science background a plus, but not required.
Interns will have immediate responsibilities including event planning, website and database management, email marketing, content creation, and data research.
You will be working two blocks from the White House, at the center of the nation’s capital. You will also have exposure to other events through programs supported by the Internet Education Foundation (IEF).
- Manage email marketing (iContact/MailChimp and organizational database (Salesforce)
- Maintain and create content for website (WordPress)
- Contribute to social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Outreach to tech advocates and partners
- Contribute to communications strategy and media outreach/relations, monitoring press coverage
- Draft promotional materials (pamphlets, flyers)
- Write press releases pertaining to specific districts or states
- Conduct research and brief Director on current tech diversity and inclusion issues and trends
- Strong command of the English language, proper grammar
- Quick learning and a sense of humor
- Detail oriented: must be able to do tedious tasks without introducing errors
- Prior experience with WordPress, email marketing, and social media marketing
- Ability to use advanced features in MS Excel, Google Sheets, Google Forms
- Experience with Salesforce or other CMS
- Published op-eds or other writing for public audiences
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editors
- GIS mapping
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]