Congressional App Challenge
April 20th, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
#HouseOfCode, Most Prestigious Demo Day in Student CS, to Celebrate Challenge Winners Nationwide Starting TODAY
Washington, D.C. – Beginning tomorrow, April 20th, 2022, the Congressional App Challenge (CAC) will host its three day celebration recognizing the achievements of student winners from 2021’s Challenge competition. #HouseOfCode is the most prestigious demo day in student STEM — the new national science fair. At the Kickoff for #HouseOfCode, students get to hear directly from Members of Congress, tech entrepreneurs, and creators as they deliver keynote remarks.
This year we are excited to welcome a number of valued partners, including:
- Rep. Ted Lieu, California 33rd
- Rep. Young Kim, California 39th (CAC Co-Chair)
- Rep. Mike Levin, California 49th
- Rep. John Larson, Connecticut 1st
- Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart, Florida 25th
- Rep. Hank Johnson, Georgia 4th
- Rep. Michael San Nicolas, Guam At-Large
- Rep. Rodney Davis, Illinois 13th
- Michele Lawrence Jawando, Sr. VP of Programs, Omidyar Network
- Karlie Kloss, Kode With Klossy
- Hansel Lynn, Founder of theCoderSchool
- Hadi Partovi, CEO at Code.org
- Morgan Reed, ACT Association
- Lena Sawyer, Community Manager at Replit
The App Challenge is coming off of its most impactful year yet, having had more than 7,000 participating students creating over 2,000 fully-functioning applications. With 340 members of Congress participating in 2021’s program, student talent represented will include participants from districts across all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam, the Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington, D.C.
Along with having the opportunity to share their work with tech entrepreneurs and Congressional staff at #HouseOfCode, students’ apps are set to be displayed in the Capitol Complex, and can currently be found on the CAC website here.
Learn more below about how you can join us and hear more from 2021’s victors:
2022’s #HouseOfCode Celebration commemorating the achievements of ‘21 App Challenge winners.
Weds., April 20th – #HouseOfCode Kickoff and Keynotes
6:00 pm ET / 3:00 pm PT
This year’s events will be held virtually. Press and the general public can register at the link provided HERE.
For additional information or inquiries, please contact our Congressional Affairs Department at [email protected].
# # #
2021’s Congressional App Challenge was made possible by the generous support of our sponsors.